Thursday, August 1, 2013

More fish: Brantevikssill and Skånsk kryddsill

Sweden's southernmost place is named Smygehamn. You can not come more south in Sweden. Outside Smygehamn is the Baltic Sea - with an unbroken horizon line.

Close to Smyges small port is a fish smokehouse situated. Its shop sells fish in all its forms.



We were there a couple of days ago and bought two sorts of very tasty pickled herring. One is called Herring of Brantevik (Brantevikssill) and the other is called Scanian spiced herring (Skånsk kryddsill).

Back home we boiled egg, put up Brantevikssill and Skånsk kryddsill on plates and supplemented with Danish rye bread, lettuce, tomato and cucumber. To this we drank beer and schnapps. 


We had the meal in our garden.


When I write about this meal watered it in my mouth. So tasty it was.

2 comments:

  1. Hi, sorry for my english. I am from Denmark.
    Could you please publish the Brantevikssill recipe. I know Brantevik (a very nice small village by the Baltic sea) and I think the Brantevikssill is delicious.
    Greetings
    Preben T

    ReplyDelete
  2. The Brantevikssill I told you about in the Blogger-post was bought in Smyge. But I think I have a recipe. I will search for it and publish it. This recipe I got from a lady who grew up in Brantevik, and moved back after her retirement.

    ReplyDelete